Practised in India for over a thousand years as part of everyday family life as a form of grooming. Indian head massage was introduced to the west by Narendra Mehta in the 1970’s. It is similar to stress management massage though it includes the head as well.In essence my form of Indian head massage incorporates with many years of experience, deep tissue and sports massage techniques into the treatment and each session is tailored to the clients specific needs. So certain tension areas will be given more time if needs be.
The Treatment works on areas affected by emotional and mental stress. Indian Head Massage treats essentially Upper and mid back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, head and face.
In Western culture today we spend much of our time in our heads, so this treatment can really help to calm the mind and is surprisingly deeply relaxing.
The massage usually begins with the upper back or starting at the base of the neck where a combination of deep tissue massage , sports massage and tigger point work which helps to relax the muscles and to loosen and melt knots and those chronic symptoms of referred pain from tigger points i.e. numbness, headaches, problems with range of motion and mobility, shooting pains and shooting pain into the joints. And we take it from there.
Significant improvement noticed with:
• Migraine and headaches
• Stress related disorders
• Muscle pain and associated neurological and skeletal problems
• Insomnia and disturbed sleep
• Temporor – Mandibular Joint tension (TMJ)
• Suppleness and flexibility to head, neck and shoulders
• Increase of oxygen and glucose supply to the brain
• Scalp stimulation increasing blood circulation, promoting healthy hair
• Increases cerebral spinal fluid circulation
• Improves muscle tone and relieved stress on the skeletal system
• Calms the respiratory system, helping asthma
• Range of motion and pain relief in upper back shoulders , neck and head
Mental and Emotional Benefits
Indian Head Massage promotes:
• A sense of calmness, peace and tranquillity
• Release from anxiety, stress and mental stain
• Relief from depression
• Promotes concentration
• Clearer thinking and focus
• Promotes Relaxation
• Sound sleep and relief from nightmares
• Renews energy
• Improves memory